We aim to foster in our children values and attitudes which will serve them well throughout their whole lives as we firmly believe that the span of years between four and twelve is most formative and is filled with enthusiasm for living.
This is achieved by encouraging and channelling energies into the development of a balanced and mature person, able to function on his or her own and with others, displaying social values of benefit to the child and to the community at large.
Within this section you will find detailed aims for the school and these reflect the ethos created by all staff and pupils in the school.
MOSSHEAD PRIMARY SCHOOL AIMS
Within East Dunbartonshire Authority we in Mosshead Primary strive to provide the highest quality of education for all by aiming to:-
- Provide a supportive, secure, happy and stimulating environment where the children can learn most effectively and confidently develop their skills creativity, talents and personalities.
- Raise attainment and achievement of all pupils.
- Provide a rich experiential curriculum that will enable our children to engage in the highest quality learning activities which will maximise success and develop a culture of ambition and achievement.
- Create a warm, welcoming, positive ethos in the school based on equality, fairness and mutual respect where achievements are celebrated and everyone has a sense of identity and pride in the school and where everyone in the school feels valued.
- Provide a range of appropriate and effective resources to meet the needs of the school and to offer appropriate opportunities for staff to further their professional development, thus enhancing teaching and learning.
- Work in partnership with pupils, parents and the wider community.
- Encourage children to develop a sense of responsibility and care, for people and the environment and prepare our pupils for a useful role in society at large.
- Promote highly effective leadership at all levels with a commitment to quality and excellence.